English Test Part 3, Speaking
In this part of the test, we will assess how well you speak English. We will use the Speaking Tool.
Below you will find 10 sentences from a Harry Potter book. One by one, you will copy and paste a sentence into the Speaking Tool and then speak the sentence into the tool using voice input on your computer or other device. You may have to enable English language voice input.
The tool will assess how accurately you spoke each sentence.
The video included in this part of the test shows you how to use the speaking tool.
Below are your test sentences.
- It’s very hard to catch because it’s so fast and difficult to see.
- He pulled a bag of ordinary golf balls out of his pocket.
- His lessons were becoming more and more interesting now that he had mastered the basics.
- She hadn’t spoken to either of them since the day his broomstick had arrived.
- She didn’t turn up for the next class and wasn’t seen all afternoon.
- A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling.
- They passed different groups of people hurrying in different directions.
- They had just turned the corner when they heard quick footsteps behind them.
- Why isn’t he down in the dungeons with the rest of the teachers.
- It was holding a huge wooden club, which dragged along the floor because its arms were so long.
Scoring Your Speaking Test
Add up all the mistakes that the tool highlghted.
0 – 3 – Very good
4 – 6 – Good
7 – 9 – Not bad
10 – 12 – Needs work
13 – more – Needs lots of work